Memories..
My family loved to get away. We did it all! I mean. We turned the West Coast upside down! We did the drive on the 1! We did San Fran, and Pier 39 will never be the same. I kissed my dad (on the cheek) under the boardwalk. I do know the way to San Jose! I road the Demon at Marriott's there. Old town in Sac-town! I have been to Shell beach in San Luis Obispo. Catalina Island glass bottom boat tours. Santa Monica Pier... I did the 6th Promenade as a child and a women. I rocked the Roxbury in Hollywood. I shopped Rodeo Drive! Venice Beach was full of muscles. The San Diego Zoo and Sea world was my stomping ground. I been to Jillian for some apple pickin. I thought I was cool in La Jolla! I paid my respect to Coronado Island. Hot water spring'ed it in Corna, and found a man in Temecula.
We've done skied Tahoe and Reno. We've done Las Vegas enough, that I don't ever have to go back. Hoover Dam, Lake Mead... done it!
We didn't stop in Texas. Dallas! Corpus Cristy. Austin, San Antonio.. Hell, I have been to Lubbock! I grew up in El Paso so... I have gotten suck on the wrong side of the bridge to Mexico, drunk!
Arizona! Yeppers. Tuscan, Flag, Sedona, the Grand Canyon! Scottsdale is were I lived when I moved here! I took my kids for a ride on the Polar Express up in Williams. I did the deed in a rest stop in Wilcox! I had a baby in Phoenix and another one in Mesa. Hiked in Tempe...
I fly for a living! I Love to travel! LOVE IT, but my favorite vacation is always going home to my mom's house! When the kids run to her yelling Grandma... Grandpa! You know that there is no place like home. Mom cooks. Dad tells the crazy stories that dad's tell. We just plain, Kick it! Swimming, shopping, laughing... and the best part is when I at 35 climb into bed with my mom and dad. Dad says" get over here in your rightful spot", the middle!
Goodness, I hope my kids feel that way about me and my home!
10 comments:
Your memories are amazing! And to have a family who's so loving and accepting! *sigh*
OK you have done it all, even the deed! Was cracking up when I got to that part! Great memories!
How incredible to have all those great memories! I too, hope that my kids will remember all the fun things we do with/for them!
Now that's a good memory and what memories are all about...the love of family and being home! Cool!
Great memories and you are brave on the flying thing.
You're a girl who gets around! hehe
I love reading all your fun memories...traveling is a GREAT way to make memories with loved ones. :)
Kudos!! Very good blog. It's always good to travel but the best part is coming home...
What a wonderful life! Such fun to live it vicariously through you you lucky girl! : )
I am on a commenting spree and saving the best for last.
This is a nice post. It is great that your children enjoy your parents so much. Since they must not see them often, anytime would be a memorable time.
I remember that summer. I told someone literally two days ago that, that was the vacation of my life. Something that I will never forget. No matter where I go in the world, that will all be my favorite. Remember when day kept yelling/screaming UNNDER THE BOOOARD WALK!DOWN BY THE SEA-EEE. lol
Post a Comment