
First, let me say that I am a lazy cook! I don't want to be in the kitchen all day. I hate cleaning it cooking and cleaning it again. It makes me crazy! Second, it's crazy hot were I live in the summer months. So you have to cook fast, early or outside so your house doesn't melt. LOL
One of my favorite summer meals is a quick and easy yet so dang yummy
LEMON PEPPER GRILLED SALMON. Yeah! YUM!
Let me walk you threw this. Rinse Salmon. Put in Heavy Duty Foil. Sprinkle with lemon pepper, garlic and olive oil. Put on a few slices of fresh cut lemon. Grill! Yeah! That's it. That all I got! It's so dang yummy!
(Oh wait, if you are camping you might add your veggies to another little baggie of foil. Freeze and just toss it into the camp fire for about 15Min's. When I go camping I prepare a few meals in foil and freeze them. Cook fish the first day. Chicken the second and red meat the last. That way you are sure it will stay as cold as you need it for your trip.
I place both my chicken and fish in foil for easy cooking and clean up. The chicken is no different than the fish. I put in Chicken fillets with pepper, meat tenderizer, garlic salt and add cut carrots and potatoes into the same foil. It's a meal. Great grilling.
Top it all off with fresh lemonade. (I am not sure why I am on the camping kick but iIf you are camping: put 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar in a gallon jug of water. Add two lemons cut up and a pack a Koolade Pink Lemonade. Shake! Pour over ice when dinner is ready! Same thing with Ice Tea. I just buy the $.50 water jugs and add my goodies, so when I get to my camp site I can play! (Not cook!) Maybe I should be calling this Camping Food! LOL I think it was those dang smores on yesterdays blog.
11 comments:
I want to go camping soooo bad, but it's already too hot. Love all the food!
Whoah- I was in the flow of your description until you wrote "When I go camping"! What? Tiffany and camping- they don't mix! Prove it...I want to SEE pictures of YOU camping!!! I so don't believe you!
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I love grilled foods as well- especially in the summer. :) {Long live Jim's ribs and that entoxicating sauce!}
Mmmm... love me some salmon! I am a fish/seafood nut. And a firm believer that lemon-pepper makes anything taste better. Great eatz, for sure!
grilled food is the definetly the best for summmer! sounds like you got it down to a science. My husband does most of the cooking - so I will leave the science to him!
OOH those are good tips and it sounds so yummy!!!
You are my kind of cook, the less I have to do with it the more I like it, lol!
I've gotta try the salmon, that looks really good!
Your food sounds delicious. I've never been camping but it sounds like fun.
WOW! Now if i only liked salmon...io guess i'll have to go w/the chicken.
And i'll be making my own jug today...YUM!
I totally agree with the cleaning/cooking/cleaning ordeal. I just want my food served up hot and ready to eat!!! It's such a shame because both my mom and brother are professional cooks.
Thanks for the Big Blog invite too...loving it!
I am a lazy cook too. I like the crockpot. Your recipe sounds worth a try for something different.
I love to cook but hate the maintaining the kitchen. I just love Salmon any way that I can get it.
Post a Comment