I am just under a week in on this new "diet". I have to say it's a huge eye opener. I had no idea that people did this all the time. I really thought that some people just look the way they look. I didn't know that most people work on looking the way they look. I am not a dumb girl, but sheeeeze naive!
I watch a Dr. Oz the other day, he talked about the twenty percent of people who do better at dieting when they let people know. The goals, time frames etc... it hit home for me. Prayed and thought about it. I text 17 woman in my life that I believe like me skinny or fat. Women that I think want for me whatever I would make me happy! The LOVE I got back made me cry! Honestly amazing! Sidney who would just not bring up my weight unless I did called and gave me some ideas and encouragement. Maymee called and talked about things she does, how to eat out and a open invite to ask any questions I might have. Misty texted and told me she'd be my biggest cheerleader. Lilly invited me to swim and hang anytime. Alana says she'll work out with me and help with any questions I might have. Nateli says she believes in me. Ann and Heidi texts some atta girls. Etc... phone calls came in for a few days. Thanks ladies!
One of the things Oz said was pick a goal. Well I picked two. I want to loose 40lbs by my 40th birthday. I also picked out a dress I'd like to fit into by then. Not a new dress but one that I love and have not been able to fit for many years.
For now at my current weight I am on a 1560 calorie diet six days a week. Clearly that will change as I get smaller. I have had wine, beer, Starbucks, and great desserts since I started so I am sure I can do it. Going out with two of my very favorite people tomorrow so I know that it may be my first struggle. We shall see. It's also the first time to try this out at work. Packing my tennis shoes and healthy breakfasts snacks and protein shakes.
I am ready for the change. Scared. Hopeful! Willing to learn. Willing to listen. Understanding that it will take a lifestyle change. So here I go on my diet, for lack of a better word.
1 comment:
Rock it! YOU CAN DO IT! I am so proud of you! :)
Post a Comment