My animal situation is rather odd. We have a fish named Stipee". We have two dogs named "Hayden" and "Pumpkin". Our dogs are cute.
Hayden was a gift to Logan when he was about two years old. My mom and dad bought it for him. Hayden is a mixed breed dog, with the most loving and sweet personality ever. Really Hayden is just adorable. He's a hyper still after six years. He is crazy about new people and just shows off to get attention. He was a bit of a task to house break. He almost had to move! I was pregnant and on bed rest and the smell of pee in my family room (same spot, whenever I'd fall asleep on the sofa down stairs) was killing me. But he's stopped that. We moved ( after pet shampooing the spot, professionally) and he's all good. Hayden is lazy, in the cutest way. If I let him into the park across the street, he runs and runs (looking like a bird dog) then when he's done, he just comes home. That easy, that fast. He just lays at the front door as to say, 'time to come home'. This process takes about 10 mins. He also is a car dog! GREAT with people and loves to go for a ride.
Pumpkin is a Sheltie. She was "won" at the Halloween Festival. "WON?" The price tag on this sort of pet is over $800.00 and my DH won her. Not likely! Let me back up...
My Dh is a P_E_T person. If for one second I would let him we'd have at least four dogs, a few cats (to which I am allergic) fish and some sort of reptile. Animals are oddly attracted to him. When dogs run away... they come to our house. No, really dogs just come and sit in our front yard. They cry at our back gate. The chase our car if they are lost. It's odd and I know it. I call my DH "Dog Whisper". Neighbors laugh because they see him with strange pets often. Cat... dogs.. lizards... frogs... ERrrrr!
So back to Pumpkin. While being the dad, he's supposed to be' he takes the kids to one of the local Pumpkin festivals. Kids are all dolled up in their costumes and the bounce house and hayrides are in full swing. Somehow he enter a raffle for $5 bucks. Clearly, he wins. Who wins a dog? Who gives dogs away like that. Kids are crying because they did not win her. Grandmas are trying to purchase her from Jim. Nightmare! So I get the call ( I am at work). "Honey, you will not believe what I just won". I am thinking, wow, another TV (we only have 6), then the sales pitch starts. She is so cute... we brought her home, these are really smart dogs... the boys want to keep her. They already names her.
I was going to kill him! But Pumpkin is home! She is not smart let me just tell you! She is not house broken and she is mean to Hayden when it comes to food. I have to feed her outside and Hayden inside to keep her from yelling and nipping at him. When I bring her inside I physically have to go outside away from the door and allow her to come in without being to close to the door. She looks like Lassie, but way small. I know that's super cute but her coat is white and we live in the desert. We have a dirt back yard still. She is not a good fit for our family. But just like kids, God makes away for love. After all is said and done, Hayden loves her. My four year old adores her. And my Dh still thinks she is a gift! So Pumpkin is ours. A year later... we all love her!
Hayden was a gift to Logan when he was about two years old. My mom and dad bought it for him. Hayden is a mixed breed dog, with the most loving and sweet personality ever. Really Hayden is just adorable. He's a hyper still after six years. He is crazy about new people and just shows off to get attention. He was a bit of a task to house break. He almost had to move! I was pregnant and on bed rest and the smell of pee in my family room (same spot, whenever I'd fall asleep on the sofa down stairs) was killing me. But he's stopped that. We moved ( after pet shampooing the spot, professionally) and he's all good. Hayden is lazy, in the cutest way. If I let him into the park across the street, he runs and runs (looking like a bird dog) then when he's done, he just comes home. That easy, that fast. He just lays at the front door as to say, 'time to come home'. This process takes about 10 mins. He also is a car dog! GREAT with people and loves to go for a ride.
Pumpkin is a Sheltie. She was "won" at the Halloween Festival. "WON?" The price tag on this sort of pet is over $800.00 and my DH won her. Not likely! Let me back up...
My Dh is a P_E_T person. If for one second I would let him we'd have at least four dogs, a few cats (to which I am allergic) fish and some sort of reptile. Animals are oddly attracted to him. When dogs run away... they come to our house. No, really dogs just come and sit in our front yard. They cry at our back gate. The chase our car if they are lost. It's odd and I know it. I call my DH "Dog Whisper". Neighbors laugh because they see him with strange pets often. Cat... dogs.. lizards... frogs... ERrrrr!
So back to Pumpkin. While being the dad, he's supposed to be' he takes the kids to one of the local Pumpkin festivals. Kids are all dolled up in their costumes and the bounce house and hayrides are in full swing. Somehow he enter a raffle for $5 bucks. Clearly, he wins. Who wins a dog? Who gives dogs away like that. Kids are crying because they did not win her. Grandmas are trying to purchase her from Jim. Nightmare! So I get the call ( I am at work). "Honey, you will not believe what I just won". I am thinking, wow, another TV (we only have 6), then the sales pitch starts. She is so cute... we brought her home, these are really smart dogs... the boys want to keep her. They already names her.
I was going to kill him! But Pumpkin is home! She is not smart let me just tell you! She is not house broken and she is mean to Hayden when it comes to food. I have to feed her outside and Hayden inside to keep her from yelling and nipping at him. When I bring her inside I physically have to go outside away from the door and allow her to come in without being to close to the door. She looks like Lassie, but way small. I know that's super cute but her coat is white and we live in the desert. We have a dirt back yard still. She is not a good fit for our family. But just like kids, God makes away for love. After all is said and done, Hayden loves her. My four year old adores her. And my Dh still thinks she is a gift! So Pumpkin is ours. A year later... we all love her!
14 comments:
My kids are pets enough for me!
Great blog! Sounds like your pretty busy with them all!
We are going through a Pee issue with our Princess. I just had to throw away a cushion to a favorite chair of mine that my DH husband has been trying to get reed of for years.
Ain't it something the way we love our pets? They are so funny and give so much love.
Great pet blog! Funny how Pumpkin came into your lives. Someday I'll have a dog.
Great pet story!
Cute pets!
My son once won a "rat" seriously. I later found out that I was one of the only parents to allow him to sign up for the raffle of the class rat. We later sold it at our garage sale, someone paid money for it....I think it was your husband rofl
Sorry but this is soo funny, cute dog, I am in the middle of the house-breaking thing, and I am really to lock the dog outside, lol!!!
too cute - I'm a dog lover too!
Hayden sounds like a fun and rambuncious dog!
Pumpkin's story is funny.
Pumpkin's behavior sounds like she wants to be the dominant dog and the boss of all things.
How was Pumpkin brought into the house? Was Pumpkin brought in the house and Hayden was already in there?
You might try taking them both outside together for a short walk and bringing them into the house together for a few weeks to stop the nonsense. When you introduce a new pet to the house, they need to meet outside the house on neutral ground before you bring them in.
Hayden and the potty issues -- did this get worse when Pumpkin came along? This is another dominance issue for him and he is was clearly stating, hey, this is my abode! Glad you got him on a schedule so he is less likely to do that.
LOL -- sorry to waffle on. My Bichons all got obedience titles/CD,CDX and one I had did agility and tracking, and another one was a show dog. Obedience is more fun and interactive. From the obedience titles, they were Therapy Dogs, so we had lots of fun with them BC (before children).
What a cute story! Reminds me of my rabbit that I bought at a garage sale.
What a cute story! Reminds me of my rabbit that I bought at a garage sale.
I want to get another dog for the girls, but Frio would kill someone!LOL
Post a Comment