Search This Blog

Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm from the Lou, and I am proud!




I was born in St. Louis, MO, USA!



I made my dad a dad. I made my mom a mom! I was fat, bold and loved! Through my birth strong relationships grew. My grandmothers were best friends... making every event a family reunion!

How Much things cost in 1972


Yearly Inflation Rate USA 3.27%
Year End Close Dow Jones Industrial Average 1020
Average Cost of new house $27,550.00
Average Income per year $11,800.00
Average Monthly Rent $165.00
Cost of a gallon of Gas 55 cents
Roxanne Ladies Swimsuit $30.00
Kodak Pocket Camera History $28.00
Wrangler Jeans $12.00
ladies Timex WatchFrom $30.00


Back in the day we were, going to see The Godfather and Dirty Harry.
People were listening to, ABBA and Michael Jackson with " Ben ".
And everyone was watching, Sesame Street, The Brady Bunch and Hawaii Five-O

A lot has changed in 36 years! Whew!

10 comments:

Amy said...

It is soo funny to look back at what things "used to" cost!

Helena said...

OOh we are born in the same year, but I didn't think of getting prices and what was "in" in 1972, excellent take!!!!

TanishaRenee said...

gorgeous photo!

my how things have changed!

Autumn said...

Cool post!

Rent: $165???!!!!!

Veroncia Butler said...

You were born in the STL?!?!?! I'm straight out of the "mean" streets of U. City...lol When did you leave? How often do you get back home?

🌈🌈🌈 said...

I Love Trash.....i can hear Oscar singing now!
Back in the day......gorgeous foto girl!

Prazdance said...

I LOVE your flash from the past!!! Beautiful photo of the Lou! My Pastor was from E. St. Louis! :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving the love! Peace to you, too!

Carmen O. said...

Lovin the photo and reading facts from '72. Gee I was 11 then :D.

Angela V. said...

that is a beautiful photo! those are some fun facts from 72...man things have changed!

Anonymous said...

Great Blog!