Saturday night I called my Dear husband who informed me that both of our children needed new sandals for Easter Sunday Service. So off to shop after a five hour flight from Florida. For those of you who don't really understand... Florida is EVIL! They are old people who are use to a very high standard of airline service. As they have been fling for many years. They do not understand the concept of a low fare carrier. And of course the people coming from the cruise ships. Yep! Somehow they have forgotten that they paid a 20% gratuity for the on call service and beckon call boy standards they'd just received. To top it off ALL grandparents move to Florida! They just do! So the unaccompanied minors on these flights are spoiled rotten as Grandma has been cooking and pampering them the entire spring break visit. The fact that the flight attendant in first class was a cute,young, ditsy-incompetent, did not help. Because we where fling with an all male crew who was sure that she is a stripper. I basically worked the flight alone. Yep!
So running out to shop for my kids the day before Easter! Fun! Have you I am at the airport and it 7:45 pm. Hell... I am a mom, I Can Do Anything!
Sunday morning at say 4 am I had to make sure the Easter Bunny did all the things that I would in fact do for my children, while my Dear Husband needed just a few more mins of sleep. As I finished tweeking the items "Big Bunny" had left.. My Loving Husband walking down the steps to see how thing had gone... Killing your husband on Easter is really not a good idea. ...So I gave him a pass. And he spread eggs around the house while I set out the Spring colored clothes that will never be worn again.
The service was nice but I really need to find a church with a bit of soul in it! When the service ended with ... I'm coming home...to the place that I belong... yeppers the rock song. I realized that I am either to old or black to be there! The petting zoo and egg hunt went well.. I guess. Sunday school for Logan was "good" that day as they gave out candy. --- no cursing on Easter Sunday! We had a great lunch and a home cooking dinner and everyone seemed happy.
Monday we had a play-date with Emma, Heidi's little angel of a daughter. Logan who was crazy in love with her, was upset that she went to sleep. (She's about 8 months old). Glenn on the other hand was crazy jealous. He made me take out his boppy for him as he played with her toys. Chris, Heidi's Dh (Dear Husband) picked Emma up. And Glenn got naked for him! NICE!~~ But Chris brought a pound for freshly ground Starbucks... I love him! Jim brought dinner home like a good Dh! Monday was good! Monday was my only saving grace!
Tuesday was Logan birthday! He ranked it up there with the top three, "maybe two" he said! He had a shopping spree.. Happy- Happy- Happy! We went to Toys R Us, Game Stop, Panda Express, Target, Ross, Walmart, Tilly's etc... We got off pretty easy! We bought a new bike and cake, balloons, dinner, clothes and gave him $50.(on his spree). He had just shy of $300.
Wednesday was a mommy and the kids day. We went to the Arizona Science Center. We saw the Dinosaur and Titanic special exhibits too. We went out to breakfast, lunch and dinner. We stayed there for 7 hours! Man!
Thursday we went to downtown Mesa. We walked around and ended our adventure at the Natural History Museum. More Dinosaurs... great fun. We left there and had dinner with Dad at Johnny Rockets after shopping at Arizona Mills.
Today... as soon as my Starbucks (did I say I love Chris)kicks in, we are going to an Art Festival in Tempe! or Movie night!... which ever the kids want.
Don't get me wrong it's like this every week that the kids are not in school. (Last week: Sunday- Horton Hears a Who. Tuesday- the Bodwins slept over Wednesday and Thursday Vayda slept over. Friday- Lunch with the Saunders and Dinner with the Cagles and Saturday Jim cleaned the carpets)
I feel like a good mom but I am tired and my house is trashed. My bank account is busted and finally I go to work tomorrow. I know that every ones life is just like this. I realize that everyone is "living the dream" of parenting! But gosh! Who has time and who can afford it?
Stay at home mom? Do they stay at home?
3 comments:
You look absolutely stunning! I remember those days all too well. Now it's take me out to breakfast, give me money, drop me off at the mall and take me to dinner. In that order. Even at 18 Krystin is still a tit baby. I'm moving to Dallas so she won't get homesick, moving closer to her college choice. She betta not change her mind.
My favorite post so far! This is so cool, Tif!
You make me smile...and laugh.
You guys had a super duper fun Spring Break. SWEET! If I wouldn't have been gone I'd of been right with ya partying along.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU OUR LOGAN! I feel sad we weren't able to be with him on his shopping birthday. Wht a FUN birthday!
This picture of you is darling, TiffanY! I LOVE YOU! :)
i love this posting! it's good to know that i'm not the only one that's ruled by her kids. example....the other day while having lunch in the cafe at the natural history museum the guy cooking my food turns to me and says " you look familiar. weren't you here the other day?". that's when i let him know that i have a membership. so what if i'm there weekly!! we like the friggin dinosaurs alright!!...Karen
Post a Comment