so.. this is my home. Un-staged! It's how I live. It's my pretty side! I like the things I have. I'd rather not have stuff, than to have something I really don't want! I know what I like, when it comes to stuff. But there is another side to my home, a dark dirty secret, something you don't share with people... The dirty laundry so it's called...
My question to you is: Does the way your house looks (most often)have any relation to your physical, social, emotional health? Meya is your house always spotless? Farren, you only have you to worry about, is your apartment clean? Maymee, Ron works from home, how do you clean and work the hours you work? Sid, you are a perfessional organizer, is your house organized? Angie, does it change when the kids get older?... No really. Is my house part of my problem?
Often when you call I say I am cleaning and I am! I really am. But it pretty much stays the same. I will get the whole house clean.. or the laundry done... or both and a few days later... there are three loads of laundry, to many left over bowls in the refrigerator, three days of news papers and my to biggest messes are my "catch- alls" (the kitchen island and the table at the top of the stairs) are full again.
Don't get me wrong I love being a mom and a wife and I LOVE my house, but I swear that when its dirty and unorganized I feel helpless.
Oh and let's not even go with the scrapbooking thing.
I know you all have a junk drawer or a dirty closet but how does that affect (effect?) your everyday?
4 comments:
You gotta be kiddin' me! Tiffany, this is the cutest and funniest post {how should I say it like you would?} E_V_E_R!
There are days I 'd rather not look at anything because I'd get red with embaraasment at myself. Then there's days when all is great, clean and organized {not all at once, mind ya} I want to shout it from the rooftps.
I think our home is a good reflection on who we really are. Nobody's perfect.
To answer your question.. NO my house isn't always spotless. Believe me, I am the one scrambeling to clean up when someone is coming by. You know I am gone at least 12 hours a day with my commute and 9 hour days, so the L_A_S_T thing I want to do is come home and clean up after Michael who works from home.. so on the weekends, I am up at the crack of dawn (because that's sleeping in for me :-) cleaning the bowls in the sink and putting away all the clothes that end up on the bathroom floor.
Whew... now that everyone knows...I feel better... I do know that when my house is in "order" I feel more in "order", But you would have to wonder about someone who has no clutter, no junk drawers ( I have at least 3 that I can think of off the top of my head). What does thay say about thier ability to live in the moment and enjoy living in their home..
Enough said.. Love YA
no. no it's not. i gave up like five minutes before i read this post. my room is so messy, infact, that brian now cleans it... he doesnt even clean his own room! so what?!...i dont care...
Hey Tiff- I just close the door in my scrap room that has to be the messy room! I try to keep up with all of the rooms but hubby doesn't want to look at my scrap mess. and all of the $$$$ that goes along with that room. lol
staci
Post a Comment