A family Journey to being full of love, peace, God, joy, gratitude."To discover what you really believe, pay attention to the way you act -- and to what you do when things don't go the way you think they should. Pay attention to what you value. Pay attention to how and on what you spend your time. Your money. ... pay attention..." -- Roth
Search This Blog
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Hair Extraordinair too!
My First job was pretty amazing! I worked for myself and mom. I owned and managed a wig store and beauty salon. I made to much money for a child at 17! But I did live at home and still drove the car my mom and dad bought. I did shop, a lot! I had a few dozen great vacations. My reality was not real! But for seven years ... I did it! The beauty salon was not so easy. Really! Adults don't want a spoiled child writing the checks making the schedules and making half of the profit of their work that they went to school for. But the wig store, was like riding a bike. I could do it all day! Some of the clients still ask for me at my moms store. In my youth I just did not know what a great store I had. It came to easy. I closed it and moved to San Diego at age 24. I'd give nothing for my journey but I would open another store in a heart beat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Having such an experience so early in life sounds awesome! Growing up in Yuma I took many a trip to San Diego and I just love that city. Once upon a time I dreamed of living there. Not sure why I never did it.
What a neat life experience! I have always wanted to be a hair dresser..i settled for massage therapy but i thought coloring hair and socializing would be so much fun! Of course there is always the downsides but i have always enjoyed getting my hair done and thought helping women feel beautiful and special would be such an honor...
Of course i am envious of your flight experience...i am such a baby about flying but i love to take trips...go figure! LOL
I had such a laugh at your blog singing of "no air" ! Too funny.
i totally get the feeling you should check out Leona Lewis singing "Numb" on Youtube i bet you would like it!
You closed down shop and little did you know that in San Diego you'd find the love of your life! :)
WOW, thanks for sharing!
You were so lucky to have that experience so young!
Post a Comment