Today is the beginning of summer, and my day was not to shabby!
My day started in the air. On an Airbus A320. My crew is fun. The pax (passengers) are low maintenance. All is well. The van driver is a off duty cop so he cannot take tips... That never happens. My hotel room is clean and comfortable. I don't have to have a alarm clock as I have all day.
I wake at noonish and dress read a few blogs downstairs in the lobby before heading across to the mall. The mall is sort of empty so it's fun to shop. I find the dress that I bought for my god daughter has matching bloomer that I did not get last we with my purchase. After telling the associate at Von Maur, sh gives me the bloomers free! Nice. I walk into boarders and they are having a book signing of a new poet. Well hello, my mother is a poet. She gets a signed copy. Nice, her birthday is two weeks away. As I stand there waiting for her to sign it to my mother. Stephen King books (my Dh's favorite) is on clearance. Hardback and one he doesn't have. $5.00!
Cha-Ching!
I then go into a kids store because my so is so into Webkins... Hello can you say buy one get one free! Score! I am the sales magnet today! I run upstairs to in the Parisian to find a little something for my son Glenn, found a cute yellow Speed Racer Tee for $7.00. Go Mommy!
I did not want to press my luck further so I took a walk to find some Linner (lunch/dinner). I went over to Red Robin, yummy burger and excellent Raspberry lemonade. Full and ready for a nap I walk over to the hotel. As I enter the hotel it starts to rain. Not a drop of water hit me but only by a hair did I enter the atrium. I flop down in front of the computer and the lobby and read a few more blogs and head off to my room where I get a two hour nap before work.
Work was no big deal. DTW to LAS. LAS to OAK. into a comfy bed. I chatted with my Dh for a hour then slept like a baby.
It's not the day I would have planned but all and all. Not to shabby!
2 comments:
OH, my goodness! That rocks like nothing! What a Ssweet, sweet, sweet day you had! :)
OOh excellent day!
Post a Comment