Search This Blog

Thursday, May 1, 2008

My Family Love!

When I think about my childhood, I think about ________ (one word).

Family Love!

My childhood was amazing! I mean, I didn't know it then. I had the same troubles most kids had and the older I got the more I worried. For sure though, I was loved! I felt like a princess everyday! My mom and I were and are friends. Even though she kick my butt a few good times! More than a few! Okay a lot! She demanded a bunch of me, but was never afraid to let me fall on my face(, a few hundred times!) She told me "I am your best friend! I will always have your back. If you are wrong, I will tell you, in private. As far as the outside world knows; you can do no wrong!" Crazy,right! I loved it! I believe her today! She has proved it over and over!

My dad, ahh my dad! He was a great dad! He is a great dad! (And now a great, grandpa!) Even now, my husband and dad are great friends! He, my dad, took me on so many dates when I was little, so many! Straw Hat Pizza then Thrifty's to buy FIVE candy bars! (Remember when they cost twenty-five cent! He held my hand, all the time! He yelled at boyfriends who where not up to par! Get this! GET THIS... he wrote a letter to my husband before our wedding... long story short; he said " I expect that Tiffany will be the love of your life for all of your life... But if a time comes that she is not, you don't have to hurt her. Bring her home to me. She always has a place to go!" When I'd come home in tears over someone girl or boy, he'd say "I have lived my life... I have taken a bunch of shit off a lot of people; so you don't have to!" "Do you want me to get them?"

I really thought I was the Queen of the World!

I have sisters and a brother! Yes, I thought they were better than other people! Really! The flaws they had, I did not see and would be hard pressed to listen if someone tried to tell me!



We loved hard! Played hard! Laughed and laughed and laughed! Shopped big!

My Great Great grandma (Big Mama) said "sometimes you just got to let them have the whole cake". And my parents did! Sometimes.

Best Christmas... I got a 'ten speed!', 'A boom-box!' and the "Barbie dream house!" Who get's that? I was ten!

When my kids are asked 'When I think about my childhood, I think about ________ ? I want them to say LoVE!!!! (Just like my mom had!)

5 comments:

Autumn said...

I'm crying way to hard, right now.
This is such an awesome post, Tiffany.

If only the world could have such a childhood, such wonderful parents- we'd be a happy, carefree, shopaholic world!

Your family IS crazy- but so are YOU. hehe
And we love you all for it!

Autumn said...

And I have to be a Smart A**-

'Family Love' is two words, Tif. Maybe schooling needed more attention back in the day....

Ah! HAHAHAHAHA! I'm making myself laugh...way too hard! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Me said...

I know.. Right! Maybe the trips to Las Vegas and Disney in the middle of our school week... were a bit much! Geeze! Who can't count to two!- Love! just was not enough! Family maybe... but Family Love that's it!

Anonymous said...

The Hinton Family Love was so great that you rubbed off on other people. Thanks for letting me get a feel. --- Goddess

Anonymous said...

oh, and how is the Mack Daddy doing these days? --Goddess