Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2008

Three Miles

http://www.active.com/page/Event_Details.htm?event_id=1514671&assetId=fcc8e9da-970d-4f2e-bfb2-4f3a8eb80a4c

One of my goals for this year is to walk two half marathons. Yep! That's something I'd like to do for me! I think it will also be great for my boys to see. I have a girlfriend that is going to help me find a few later in the year that will be fun and not to taxing on my body (yeah right).

As of lately I have been running into lots of Runners. I tell them my goal for this year and they all say the same thing. "DON'T WAIT!" "Jump right in". I am. Jim and I are going to try to run/walk one in April. The races/walks cost very little and most proceeds go to a cause...so here I go.

Renee, a flight attendant/runner/nutritionist turned me on to the website ACTIVE.com. Jim and I picked a race/walk and a date... so here goes! I am nervous and excited already. I can even remember the last time I felt excited about anything.

Three miles! Just three miles! I can do that! I am sure of it. Even if it takes an hour.

I start walking today! Today! I am off to the YMCA when I drop Glenn at school!

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Autumn said...

Awesome, Tiffany!!! You go, girl!

I'm so proud of you. It takes guts to step out of our comfort zones.

Oh- BTW- glad to see another post! I was crossing my fingers you'd keep this up. I love reading what you have to say. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What a great idea, I ran a 5k once and had that I can't believe
I did it feel all day. You will do wonderful.

Sid

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff - I'm walking my 1st 5K April 19th (For the March of Dimes) with my sister-in-law that will be visiting me in Cali from NJ. I excited for you! I wish we lived closer I would walk the 1/2 marthon with you!! (also my goal for this year!
Talk to you soon, Staci
PS Luv your blog